NRI Court Marriage in Chandigarh
Marriage between an Indian woman/ man (not living abroad) and NRI man/ woman is generally termed as NRI marriage. Further, the marrying couple should not be within the degrees of prohibited relationship (Provided that where a custom governing at least one of the parties permits of a marriage between them, such marriage may be solemnized, notwithstanding that they are within the degrees of prohibited relationship.)
LAW GOVERNING NRI MARRIAGE
- Special Marriage Act, 1954
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Foreign Marriage Act, 1969
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NRI MARRIAGE?
- Passport size photographs
- Residential proof (passport/ voter card/ aadhar card/ driving licence/ pan card, ration card)
- Birth proof (birth certificate issued from the respective Municipal corporation, aadhar card, class xth mark sheet or pass certificate)
- Overseas proof of the NRI.
- Valid passport (expiry should not be within 6 months)
- If divorcee- certified copy of the divorce decree.
- If widow/ widower- death certificate of the deceased spouse.
- Statement and the presence of the parents.
- Witnesses- 2 witness (not being blood relation) for each party (address proof, passport size photograph)