Marriage Registration in Chandigarh
Marriage is registered under different statutes such as the Hindu marriage act, Muslim marriage act and special marriage act. In case someone is seeking right and complete legal help for the marriage registration in Chandigarh, the following are the prerequisites. The acclaimed and expert court marriage lawyers in Chandigarh at Chandigarh Court Marriage take care of every pre-requisites prudently with transparent dealings and trouble-free services.
What are the Requirements for Court Marriage Registration in Chandigarh?
A little knowledge is always a dangerous thing. So be prepared with all the documents and eligibility requirements of court marriage registration in Chandigarh. There are various formalities to register a court marriage legally in India. First of all the marriage must be solemnized within two adults i.e. male and female. Although Supreme Court Judgment 2018 decriminalized the homosexuality and scrapping Section 377 of Indian Penal Code, same sex marriage in India is still questionable. The legal framework comes with proper setup of guidelines demarcating every legal process properly.
Eligibility Criteria for Court Marriage Registration in Chandigarh
Marriage registration assists in shunning a number of bad practices like child marriage, forced marriage, fraudulent marriage, polygamy, etc. So this is a paramount and compulsory as well. This entitles the spouses with specific rights and duties which they are supposed to perform. Without proper registration of marriage, one of the spouses can deny performing the obligations at any time. So marriage registration is a must.
There are some specific criteria list which the two parties who are intending to get married must cater to. Here are some major eligibility criteria for marriage registration in India.
- When it is the case of registration of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act, both the spouses need to be Hindu by origin.
- Marriage registration under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 will not solemnize the marriage with common Hindu rituals. And in that scenario, either of the parties needs to be Indian.
- When it is court marriage between Indian resident and foreigner, the marriage will be registered under the Special Marriage Act, one of the spouses needs to be Indian.
- The bridegroom must have attained the age of 21 years and bride of 18 years.
- Marriage can be registered either in the district of residence of bride or the bridegroom.
- Both the parties need to be of sound mind.
- Consent of both parties is mandatory.
- None of the parties must be in a valid marriage already.
- Degree of the prohibited relationship must be kept into consideration.
Documents Required for Registration of Marriage in Chandigarh
After complying all the eligibility requirements, now it’s time to be ready with all the documents. For this legal paperwork, certain documents are required. To register a marriage one requires the following documents:-
- Name and Age proof documents i.e., a medical certificate with DOB, PAN card, Aadhar card, birth certificate (of bride and bridegroom).
- Address proof documents i.e., ration card, voter ID, passport, or bill payments.
- Two passport size photograph of both partners.
- Amicably signed the application by both the parties.
- If any party is divorcee then copy of the divorce decree stating the single status.
- Death certificate in case of remarriage of widow or widower.
- For a Foreign national it is required that the foreign national must submit a document stating its marital status.
Who can Attest the Court Marriage Application when the Applicant is Illiterate?
- An MP (Member of Parliament)
- A Gaon Burah.
- A magistrate
- Government servant (receiving salary not less than Rs 5000)
- Government pensioner (receiving pension not less than Rs 3500)
- Authorized person for solemnizing marriages under Special Marriage Act, 1954
- A member of either Gram Panchayat, Panchayat Samiti, or Zila Parishad
- A private medical practitioner holding diploma or degree by a recognized by the government or a government medical officer
Procedure to Register a Court Marriage in Chandigarh
Various ambiguities must be stressing you out regarding how to register your marriage legally, is there any option for same day court marriage in Chandigarh, police protection is available or not, etc. Our eminent court marriage lawyers in Chandigarh have assisted multitudinous clients to tie their marital knot legally. We provide a complete support throughout the court marriage punctilio right from registering a marriage till appealing for police protection for runaway couple.
The procedure for court marriage registration in India can either be solemnized under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or Special Marriage Act, 1954. Acquaint yourself with both the procedures for more clarity.
Marriage Registration under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- The bride should have attained the age of 18 years and for the bridegroom, the marriageable age is 21.
- Marriage is to be solemnized under Hindu customs
- When both bride and bridegroom belong to the religion Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, or Buddhists.
- Marriage can be registered in the place of residence of the bride, bridegroom, or marriage solemnization place.
Marriage Registration under the Special Marriage Act, 1954
- Parties belonging to religions other than Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, and Buddhists, and other nationalities can register the marriage under the Special Marriage Act.
- NRI marriages are also solemnized under this act.
- When both the parties belong to different religions, marriage is solemnized under the Special Marriage Act.
- When one of the spouses is from Indian nationality and the other one is foreign national, the act is applicable.
- In the case of the marriage registration of divorcees, it is applicable.
- One of the spouses should belong to Indian nationality.
- The marriageable age for the bride is 18 and for the bridegroom, it is 21.
- The tehsil or solemnization place must either be the residence of the bride or the bridegroom.
- When a marriage is being solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 30-day notice is to be given in advance to the sub-registrar.
Stepwise Court Marriage Registration Process
- Notice of the intended marriage
- Publication of the notice
- Objection to marriage
- Declaration by parties and witnesses
- Place and form of solemnization
- Certificate of marriage
Court Marriage Registration Fees in Chandigarh
The fear of parents or family members is not the only concern for love birds, deciding to register their marriage in court, financial expenses are the other reason behind restricting themselves. The court marriage fees in India differ from different states and locations. Registering your marriage with a recognized law firm or lawyer is going to validate your marriage legally and will avoid various problems.
Police Protection for Eloped Couple after Court Marriage
Even though the scenario has changed a lot and parents are welcoming the love marriages of their children without demurring their decisions. Unfortunately rural areas are still considering love marriages a taboo. Major outrage is seen in case of inter-caste or inter-religion marriages. Consequently this outrage is leading to the crimes like honor killing. In case a couple is sensing any kind of threat to life or liberty, they can apply for police protection under the provision of Section 506 of Indian Penal Code. Our expert court marriage advocates in Chandigarh are completely conversant with the court marriage proceedings and forthcoming issues too. Therefore, team is always ready with all possible solutions.
Customary Marriage/Court Marriage
For registration of marriage does not require to have followed a certain path for its solemnization. Although it is required that, the marriage was done according to the provisions allowed and marked valid by the marriage act statutes. Proof of performance of marriage is required to be submitted while applying for a marriage certificate.
Evidentiary Value of Marriage Certificate.
The sanctity of marriage is above all. Especially in India, it comes with strong beliefs and sentiments of natives. But it is not only the marriage ceremonies that proves you a husband or wife, registering that marriage under the legal framework is also mandatory.
The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India has introduced the compulsory Registration of Marriage Act, 2005 to ensure the legislation of marriage. Therefore it has become mandatory to register a marriage. And that will act as a helping paper in future instances to endeavor the rights of the spouses in a marriage. So whether it is a love marriage/court marriage registration in Chandigarh without parents consent or is culturally solemnized marriage, legal registration of marriage is mandatory.
Registered marriage is solid evidence. A marriage certificate is required for certain banking acts, Visa applications, immigration purpose. A marriage certificate serves as evidence that two partners are married in any legal way. A marriage certificate is also required for filing a decree for divorce or dissolution of marriage. You can also go for a marriage certificate online registration if required.
Advantages of Obtaining Marriage Certificate
The marriage certificate is a proof document which shows the legal status of a marriage. It ensures the entitlement of specific rights and responsibilities in that relation. Here are some of the benefits you will encounter if you are having a marriage certificate.
- Evidence of couple being lawfully wedded.
- Entitlement of rights of women in the property of the husband.
- Insurance and financial deposit scheme benefits.
- Passport and visa approvals.
- Proof for the divorce petition.
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Chandigarh?
How can I apply for a marriage certificate in India? Obtaining a marriage certificate is a less complex and less time-consuming process as compared to other judiciary matters. And fortunately if one is able to get the assistance of an expert court marriage lawyer, the marriage registration procedure will become easier.
In order to legitimize the marital bond between the two parties i.e., husband and wife, the marriage certificate is the legal proof. Besides that in 2006, the Supreme Court has also mandated the marriage registration process. In addition to having evidentiary value, there are various benefits of a marriage certificate which we have already discussed.Getting marriage certificate in Chandigarh doesn’t involve many formalities as all the documents are already submitted at the time of court marriage registration.
In order to get a marriage certificate in Punjab or Haryana, our team do the best efforts. A marriage certificate is a document provided by the registrar’s office after the marriage is successfully registered, Marriage certificate contains the name of both partners and it is then signed and sealed with a stamp by the registrar’s office.
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Chandigarh Online?
In this modern era of digitization, everything is available online. For public convenience and ease, the government has taken many steps towards making Indian jurisprudence more accessible online. So if one is confused regarding is it possible to obtain marriage certificate online, or how can I apply for a marriage certificate online if possible. Application for marriage certificate can be made online, but to receive it, the parties have to be present in the registrar office. There is a particular procedure followed to apply for a marriage certificate online.
Who can apply for the Marriage Certificate?
The application for marriage certificate representing consent of both the parties through a duly signed document is necessary to complete the process.
How to Get Tatkal Marriage Certificate in Chandigarh?
Can court marriage be done in one day? The couples who are willing to reduce the time consumption, Tatkal marriage is the option they can opt for. It was introduced in April 2014 by the revenue department of Delhi government. This Tatkal service is introduced with the idea of a single day marriage authorization.
A tatkal marriage certificate is a marriage certificate which can be applied and obtained earlier than the normal marriage certificate. By applying Tatkal marriage certificate one can obtain a marriage registration certificate in as soon as at least 24 hours and maximum it will take 1-3 working days. The applicant has to pay Rs 10,000 fees to obtain Tatkal marriage certificate.
Connect to the Expert Court Marriage Lawyers and Advocates in Chandigarh?
Our team is highly skilful in handling the civil matters including the matters relating to registration of marriage and court marriages. Our team of professionals can be contacted for registration of marriage in Chandigarh whether it is simple registration or it is Tatkal registration.
With higher integrity towards work and worthy experience in the field, our team has helped plenty of lovers to become a lawfully wedded couple. Guidance and assistance are necessary at every step. Our team acknowledges both the parties with the pros and cons, their rights, legal obligations, police protection rights, government schemes for the inter-caste marriage, etc. Therefore has been serving as the credible and trusted lawyers for court marriage/love marriage registration in Chandigarh.
Eligibility & Mandatory Requirements
- Bride: 18 Years
- Groom: 21 years
Bride & Groom must provide:
- 7 passport sized photographs
- Valid Age Proof (Anyone from the list below)
- Address Proof (Anyone from the list below)
- Aadhar Card
- Matriculation Certificate
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Birth Certificate
- Voter I-Card
- Ration Card
- Rent agreement (minimum six months old)
Each witness must provide:
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Valid Age Proof
- Valid Address proof
(For Special Marriage Act 3 witnesses are required.)
- Bridegroom’s & Bride’s Joint Photo
- Wedding Card/Marriage photographs
- Bride and Groom’s group photo with family
- If any party is divorcee / widow / widower (Certified copy of that proof)