Inter Caste Marriage in Chandigarh
India is widely known for its diversity, whether it is cultural, regional or it is diversity in religions. India delivers different castes, followed by sub-castes. This wide network of caste system is then supported by a strong belief of making connections with people of the same kind of group belonging to the same castes. This age-old thought has emerged into the practice of arranged marriages. But from the past decade love marriage is increasing among the couples. Although the arrange marriage practice mindset society often interferes between a smooth love life, still there are legal options supporting love inter-caste marriages.
Approaches for love marriage:-
There are two approaches for love marriage which can be followed:-
- Court marriage
There is a way, in which couples seeking to get married, can get married through conversion. Marriage can be solemnized between two partners at Arya Samaj Mandir in Chandigarh. Couples belonging to any caste, whether they belong to arya samaj community or not can be solemnized here. The marriage later can be registered at registrar office.
Second approach for love marriage can be court marriage, court marriage between the couples belonging to different casts can be done under the provisions of the special marriage act. Registration of marriage can be done through a special marriage act directly in courts. The legal system provides couples safe and protective environment for marriage. Court premises not only safeguards the privacy of the couples but also it protects the couple from outer force.
Documents to bring through:-
Certain facts are essential for inter-caste marriage such as:-
- Proof of Date of Birth (mark sheet of authorized board, date of birth certificate etc.)
- Passport size photograph of both partners.
- Two witnesses in favor of marriage along with their Id proofs and passport size photographs.
- Proof of residence ( Any identification card authorized by government for and as a proof of residence)
Residence In the same tehsil
It is required that from among the partners seeking love marriage at least one should have a residence in same tehsil in which court the marriage is to be registered. A notice of 30 days will be flashed in the court premises in the tehsil where the partners belong.
Our team of highly skilled professionals have expertise in solemnizing a successful inter caste marriage whether it is from the approach of conversion or is it by following legal procedure. Our team can be contacted for easy and timesaving marriage registration. Our Lawyers are practicing in terms of guiding young couples to follow a safe and proper path.
Eligibility & Mandatory Requirements
- Bride: 18 Years
- Groom: 21 years
Bride & Groom must provide:
- 7 passport sized photographs
- Valid Age Proof (Anyone from the list below)
- Address Proof (Anyone from the list below)
- Aadhar Card
- Matriculation Certificate
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Birth Certificate
- Voter I-Card
- Ration Card
- Rent agreement (minimum six months old)
Each witness must provide:
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Valid Age Proof
- Valid Address proof
(For Special Marriage Act 3 witnesses are required.)
- Bridegroom’s & Bride’s Joint Photo
- Wedding Card/Marriage photographs
- Bride and Groom’s group photo with family
- If any party is divorcee / widow / widower (Certified copy of that proof)